Everything You Need to Know About the Echo Clean™
It’s finally here! The Echo Clean™ is a small, portable device that allows you to clean without using harmful chemicals. In this article, we will walk you through all the what’s, how’s, and why’s of this effective cleaner.
The Echo Clean™ has arrived! Through the process of electrolysis, the Echo Clean™ is able to produce two different types of acid water, depending on its intended use. By using just filtered water and salt, the Echo Clean™ allows you to effectively clean without the use of harmful chemicals.
What Is It?
The Echo Clean™ is a portable, hand-held cleaning device that is sure to revolutionize the way you clean! This electrolyzed water technology fits on your countertop and is able to take filtered water, either with or without 99% refined salt (included) depending on what you are cleaning, and convert it into a powerful, multi-purpose cleaner that is just as effective as conventional cleaners but without the use of harmful chemicals.
The Echo Clean™ creates two types of acid water. When filtered water is put through the machine without salt, it creates a weak acid water (5 to 5.5 pH). However, if you would like a stronger, deeper clean, you can add salt to the spray bottle which, when put through electrolysis, creates sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) and hypochlorous acid (HOCl). These types of acidic water have been used as a chemical-free cleaner in hospitals both in the U.S. and Japan. (1)
What Can It Be Used For?
Acid water is a very effective way to clean without chemicals. To create a weak acid water, run your Echo Clean™ without salt. When you add salt to your Echo Clean™ and run the electrolysis cycle, sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) and hypochlorous acid (HOCl) are created. HOCl is found naturally in your body. It is the substance your white blood cells produce to keep you healthy. HOCl is an essential part of your immune system that helps your body to fight infection. Additionally, sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) has long been used for household water treatments and disinfection. (2) Here’s what these two different types of acid can be used for:
Uses for the Acid Water (5 – 5.5 pH):
- Skin care, eg. eczema, acne, and inflammatory skin conditions (atopic dermatitis)
- Hair care, eg. dandruff
- Helping plants grow
Uses of Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl):
- Powerful disinfectant for surfaces
- Wound care (3)
- Eye care (4) (HOCI can only be used for eye care in very small, diluted doses. Do not use HOCI on your eyes before consulting your primary healthcare professional.)
- Used in organic crop production (5)
- Produces preservatives (6)
- Used for diabetic skin ulcers (7)
- Food disinfectant (8)
Uses of Sodium Hypochlorite (NaClO):
- Bleaching agent (9)
- Strong disinfectant (10)
- Used in healthcare facilities for cleaning and disinfecting (11)
- Antiseptic, used to clean topical wounds (12)
- Anti-infective (13)
- Can remove mold stains and dental stains (14)
How to Use the Echo Clean™
- Fill the bottle to the max fill line with filtered water.
- To create a weak acid water, do not add salt.
- To create 50 ppm of sodium hypochlorite (NaClO) and hypochlorous acid (HOCl), add one spoon (0.5 g or ~⅛ teaspoon) of salt. For a higher ppm, you can run your Echo Clean™ for a 2nd cycle (without adding more salt) to generate about 100 ppm. Run the salt cycle a 3rd time for 200+ ppm.
- Twist the spray on, then shake the bottle with the combined salt and water 4 to 5 times.
- Touch the power button.
- When sterilizing water is complete, spray it either directly on the intended area or on a dishcloth.
Where to Buy it
The Echo Clean™ will be available for purchase on the Synergy Science™ website. Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming discounts and deals.