Acidic Water in Your Beauty & Skin Care Routine
When it comes to your beauty and skin care routine, there seems to be no end to the number of steps and products that you need. But which products protect the inherent genetic makeup of your skin while still combating wrinkles, acne, and other unwanted conditions? If you are looking for a product that takes into account the delicate pH balance of your natural skin, and helps with skin conditions, hair health, and even dental hygiene, look no further than acid water!
WHY ACID WATER?
Did you know that your skin has an acid mantle? The acid mantle is a very thin film on the surface of your skin that acts as a protective barrier. This thin acidic barrier is your body’s natural defence against bacteria, viruses, and other contaminants. The natural pH of your skin is between 4.5 and 6.2 on the pH scale. So using water around this same acidity can help keep your natural skin pH level balanced (1)(2). On the other hand, when you use alkaline products, your skin’s invisible natural shield is stripped away, leading to upsets in your pH levels, which cause you to have dry, inflamed, sensitive skin. This upset in your natural pH levels can also lead to skin conditions like acne, oily skin, and eczema. But improved skin isn’t the only benefit of adding acid water to your beauty routine.
5 BEAUTY USES FOR ACID WATER
1. EVERYDAY SKIN CARE
Washing your face daily with acid water has been shown to smooth your skin, improve your overall glow, and improve your overall skin condition. Acid water also works to protect your skin’s natural acid mantle, which helps minimize:
- Skin discoloration
Acid water also works as a natural astringent, which helps minimize pores and removes dirt and oil without chemicals (3).
2. SKIN CONDITIONS
Acid water is able to treat a number of skin conditions, including (4):
- Sunburn: Instead of using alkaline products to relieve your sunburn, use acid water to reduce pain and redness and to help your skin heal faster.
- Insect bites: Acid water has also been known to help relieve the itch and sting of many insect bites.
- Burns: Acid water can help to sooth the pain from a burn and may help decrease recovery time.
- Chapped hands: Use acid water to help speed your recovery from chapped hands by reinforcing your skin’s acid mantle.
- Athlete’s foot and nail fungus: Acid water can be used to treat foot and nail fungus. Simply soak your foot in warm acidic water for 20 to 30 minutes a day to help with recovery.
- Eczema: Help keep your skin clean and minimize itching by using acid water.
- Minor scratches and cuts: As a disinfectant, acid water helps to clean wounds and accelerate recovery from minor abrasions.
3. HAIR CARE
Did you know that acid water can also be used on your hair? Incorporate acid water in your hair care routine by using it before and after shampooing. This will help:
- Minimize hair loss
- Decrease dandruff
- Relieve itchy scalp
- Improve the overall condition of your hair
According to one study published by the International Journal of Trichology (5), using a shampoo with an alkaline pH will cause frizz, increased hair friction, hair cuticle damage, and fiber breakage.
4. A TIP FOR THE MEN
Did you know that you can use acid water as a natural aftershave? Using water with a low pH level on your skin after you shave can help prevent painful and itchy razor burn. Acid water does this by reducing lesions, swelling, and redness.
Acid water has great antiseptic and antibacterial qualities (6). These disinfection properties make acid water the ideal product to add to your beauty routine, as it can be used to:
- Wash your hands
- Sterilize minor wounds
- Used as a natural mouthwash to combat plaque and bad breath.
SO, HOW DO YOU GET ACID WATER?
The Echo Ultimate™ can make four different types of water, right from the comfort of your home. The Echo Ultimate™ allows you to have immediate access to filtered water, hydrogen water, alkaline water, and acid water at just the click of a button. Depending on what you intend to use the acid water for, you can choose between four different pH levels:
- Level 1: Weak acidic water. This is used for washing your face and for oral hygiene, eg. as a mouthwash.
- Level 2: Weak to medium acid water. This is used for washing your hair and body, as an astringent, and for skin conditions.
- Level 3: Medium to strong acidic water. This is used for disinfection purposes like cleaning your kitchen.
- Level 4: Strong acidic water. This level is used for heavy disinfection like sterilizing an area where raw meat or fish has been, and for washing produce.
For more information on the Echo Ultimate™, visit our product page or contact customer experience at 1 (800) 337-7017 to learn more.
Simplify your beauty and skin care routine. Throw away those alkaline products that strip away your skin’s essential acid mantle, damage your hair, and cause pH imbalances, and replace them with one product: acid water. Acid water works to preserve the natural processes of your hair and skin while combating skin conditions, bacteria, and hair problems, all without the use of harmful chemicals contained in other beauty products.