19 Signs Your Body Isn’t Performing a Detox and Cleanse as It Should
Toxins easily build up in our bodies but are hard to get rid of. Here are some signs that your body is not doing a detox and cleanse as it should.
Our bodies are constantly being exposed to toxins, but two things we may not be giving enough attention to are first, how to recognize when toxins are affecting our health, and second, how to help our bodies flush them out.
How Toxins Enter the Body
There are essentially four ways toxins enter the body: through the skin and lungs and via ingestion and internal physiological processes. These toxins stem from a multitude of sources including (1):
- Lifestyle choices: Poor dietary choices and insufficient exercise lead to a buildup of toxins.
- Substance ingestion and inhalation: Car fumes, smoking, alcohol, food preservatives and colorings, cookware chemicals, heavy metals in fish, herbicides, pesticides, chemical additives, as well as prescription and over-the-counter drugs all may cause toxic buildup.
- Substance use: Breathing in certain household cleaners, pesticides, gasoline, and even using certain cosmetics, body washes, clothing detergents, soaps, lotions, deodorants, perfumes, and shampoos all can contribute to toxin buildup in the body.
- Physiological stress: Trauma and daily stress reduce your ability to metabolize and detoxify as well as increase your high sugar and high fat cravings that negatively impact your health.
- Environmental factors: According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 9 out of 10 people are consistently breathing air that has high levels of pollutants (2). Both outdoor and indoor air pollution are said to “cause about seven million premature deaths every year, largely as a result of increased mortality from stroke, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer, and acute respiratory infections” (2).
19 Signs Your Body Needs a Detox and Cleanse
- Blood sugar imbalances and craving unhealthy sugars and carbs
- Digestive problems (heartburn, bloating, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea etc.)
- Feeling blue, having anxiety, and experiencing depressive symptoms
- Foul smelling body odor, gas, or breath
- Frequent illness (colds, flu, sore throat, etc.)
- Frequent sinus congestion
- Having low energy and frequent fatigue
- Heart disease
- Inability to lose weight
- Inflammation of organs and tissue
- Lower back pain
- Muscle and joint pain
- Skin issues (eczema, itchiness, acne, rashes, rosacea, etc.)
- Sleep disturbances and an inability to wake up feeling refreshed
- Tendency to hold fluids and gain weight (especially around your belly)
- Thinking impairment and slow cognitive function.
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, this may signify that your body is struggling to flush out the toxins on its own.
How Your Body Detoxes Naturally
Your body is able to eliminate toxins and detox naturally through the liver, kidneys, skin, lungs, and intestines. When your body is unable to adequately eliminate toxins, it stores the toxins in your bones and fatty tissue, leading to some or all of the 19 signs as listed above. Here are the ways your body detoxes naturally:
- Liver: The liver filters the blood and produces bile that helps with digestion and waste elimination (5).
- Kidneys: The kidneys help filter the body of waste and toxins along with helping to return essential vitamins, amino acids, and glucose (6).
- Skin: A person’s skin can tell you a lot about their health. It protects the body from germs and toxins, helps prevent dehydration, and acts as an endocrine organ that helps produce important hormones (7) (8).
- Lungs: The lungs remove toxins such as carbon dioxide from your body (9). Additionally, the mucus in your lungs catches dust, bacteria, and germs that you then cough or sneeze out (10).
- Intestines: the intestines play an important role in fighting germs and eliminating toxins and waste from your body (11).
However, often the toxins in the body exceed the capacity for total elimination through these processes. This is when a full-body detox and cleanse may be necessary.
Synergy Sauna™: A Deep Full-Body Detoxification
The Synergy Sauna™ is a portable, full-spectrum infrared sauna that helps facilitate deep tissue detoxification. Unlike traditional saunas, infrared saunas heat up your body directly instead of heating the air around you to then heat you up. This facilitates a much deeper detoxification compared to traditional saunas.
Benefits of the Synergy Sauna™
- Boosts the immune system
- Burns calories
- Decreases stress and fatigue
- Diminishes cellulite
- Encourages more perspiration than conventional workouts
- Facilitates better sleep
- Facilitates a deep, full-body cleansing
- Facilitates healthy weight loss
- Helps ameliorate pain
- Helps improve different skin conditions
- Helps with chronic fatigue syndrome
- Helps with arthritis, muscle pain, and joint pain
- Helps your body eliminate heavy metals, chemicals, and other toxins
- Increases body flexibility
- Increases your metabolism
- Penetrates soft tissue and opens blood vessels (vasodilation)
- Promotes blood circulation
- Promotes clearer, tighter, healthier skin
- Supports diabetes
- Supports heart health
How It Works
The Synergy Sauna™ stays within the therapeutic temperature range of 113°F to 140°F; saunas that fall outside of this range threaten to damage your body.
By using near-, mid-, and far-infrared, the Synergy Sauna™ is able to facilitate deep, total body detoxification. The full-spectrum infrared (FIR) rays are between 7 and 14 micrometers, which is ideal for generating detoxifying therapeutic heat. Detoxification through the use of infrared can eliminate heavy metals, chemicals, and other toxins from your body.
Other key components of the Synergy Sauna™ include the ozone generator and the organic bamboo fabric that allow your sauna to remain bacteria-free. The small size of this sauna means that it is exceptionally portable and can help facilitate detoxification wherever you go.
For more information visit the Synergy Sauna™ page on our website.